Fully-Managed Recovery for Identity Theft victims is the most important feature a provider can offer. BUT, not all “fully managed/full Service” recovery programs are the same. There is no defined standard of service when using these terms so it is important to understand what a good full-service provider does.
We can all imagine the anxiety of having our identity stolen, or you know first hand. The ability to turn to an expert who helps people every day is extremely comforting in a stressful time. Without that place to turn, many wander aimlessly looking for the solutions to get their identity back. Few are successful, many do what they can but don’t know everything they must do. And to top it off, all of us who have been a victim are more susceptible to having our identity stolen again.
So if we are serious about ensuring our recovery we need to have the right resources to make that happen.
A well developed fully managed recovery service lays out a path to recovery and gives you the resources to get there.
Here is what a good program looks like
Multi-Generation, fully-managed recovery for identity theft victims. You receive 24/7/365 support and access to
a Recovery Advocate. You are covered regardless of the type of identity fraud that has been perpetrated
against you including but not limited to medical, financial, and criminal, as well as acts of terrorism. Fully
managed recovery provides you with peace of mind knowing that if you ever fall victim to Identity Theft, you
will have access to a dedicated certified Recovery Advocate. Your advocate will work on your behalf to
perform all of the tasks necessary to restore your identity, through the use of a limited power of attorney.
This work includes completing and filing forms, performing research and contacting all companies, agencies
and financial institutions necessary, to ensure that any and all fraudulent activity that has been identified is
addressed and resolved.
Dedicated Certified Recovery Advocate
- A highly qualified individual with the following credentials: FCRA, FACT Act, CITRMS Certified, and Licensed Private Investigators
- A single point of contact for you during the recovery of your identity
- A direct phone number, email, and fax number to your dedicated recovery advocate
- They will submit disputes on your behalf
- Criminal investigation assistance and evidence capture
- Creation of law enforcement grade case file
Customized Recovery Plan
- Personalized plan to recover your identity based on the type(s) of fraud you have been affected by
- Includes all fraud types: medical, financial, criminal identity theft, etc.
- 3-Bureau Credit Reports as required by the circumstances of your case
- Additional research with access to billions of public records
- 12 Months of follow up to ensure resolution
Fraud Packet with Limited Power of Attorney
- Provides important information, resources and all the documents necessary to begin recovery
- Allows your dedicated Recovery Advocate to work on your behalf
- Your Recovery Advocate will contact creditors, government offices, collection agencies, and any other entity
Identity Care Account or Resource Center for your specific case.
- allows a convenient means to track the progress of your identity theft case securely 24/7/365
- Your Recovery Advocate can securely upload case documents to your account for you to review, print or save electronically
- Online access to view your credit report and score
- Online access to view your credit monitoring alerts
Credit Monitoring & Alerts
- Provided to you for the duration of your case and for an additional 12 months following the resolution
- Receive alerts on new issues which may impact your credit file
Credit Report & Score
- Provided to you at the outset of your case to benchmark your credit file
Family Plan Benefit
- Eligible family members include you, your spouse or domestic partner, dependents through the age of 24 who have your same permanent address, and your parents who have your permanent address or who are registered in a senior assisted living facility, skilled nursing home, hospice, or who have been deceased for twelve months or less.
Fully-Managed Recovery for Identity Theft is the crucial feature of any program out there. Identity theft is intrusive and stressful but a good recovery program can truly give you peace of mind and a place to turn.
Learn more about the other features of Identity theft monitoring here: 14 features of Identity Theft Protection Monitoring and the Most Important Feature!
or Read about how ID Theft Increases Stress and Fatigue here.