Did you know that something as simple as a change of address can protect or expose you to identity theft? Let’s dive in and discover why change of address monitoring helps in safeguarding your identity!
What is “Change of Address” Monitoring?
Imagine you’re moving to a new house. You’d want all your letters and packages to come to your new address, right? That’s when you inform the post office to redirect all your mail. But what if someone sneaky does this without you knowing? That’s where change of address monitoring steps in. It watches for any changes to your address and alerts you if something looks fishy.
Why is Address Monitoring Important?
- Stay In The Know: With address monitoring, you’ll always know where your mail is heading. No more lost birthday cards or missing bills!
- Spot The Bad Guys: If a sneaky person tries to change your address without you knowing, this tool will quickly let you know.
- Peace of Mind: You can sleep better knowing that you have an extra layer of protection for your personal info.
How Can Criminals Misuse Address Changes?
You might wonder, “Why would anyone want to change my address?” Here’s the scoop:
- Stealing Your Stuff: By rerouting your mail, criminals can snatch credit card offers, checks, or new credit cards before you even know they’re missing.
- Gathering Information: Identity thieves love to collect personal info. With your mail, they can learn a lot about you and potentially misuse it.
- Hiding Their Tracks: If they change your address, you might not get important bills or alerts, giving them more time to cause mischief.
Make Address Monitoring Your Secret Weapon!
You wouldn’t leave your front door unlocked, so why leave your mailbox unprotected? Change of address monitoring is like a security guard for your mail. By being in the know, you can stop identity thieves in their tracks.
*Interesting Fact: According to experts, millions of people have their identities stolen every year, but those with monitoring tools are more likely to catch and stop the bad guys!
Your address is more than just where you live. It’s a gateway to your personal information. By keeping an eye on any changes, you’re not only protecting your mail but also your identity. So, be smart, be safe, and consider adding address monitoring to your safety toolkit!
Remember: Safety first, because your identity is priceless!
Related articles to Change of Address Monitoring: Safeguarding Your Identity:
Employers often ask, “Why should I provide identity theft protection as an employee benefit?”. Let’s face it, we increasingly live our lives online. If it’s banking, social media, or buying products and services we constantly expose ourselves to potential fraud.
With that, employees are more aware of the issue either through personal experience or the frequent breaches in the headlines. But again, why should you add Identity Theft Protection as an employee benefit? After all, they can just go get it on their own, right…yes
But employees expect their employer to help them with their financial wellness. Employees expect financial vehicles such as 401k plans, disability insurance, medical insurance, life insurance, and student debt programs. And now, increasingly looking to employers for programs to protect them against the detrimental effects of Identity Theft.
If you have not considered Identity Theft Protection, here are the top reasons why you should consider it.
- It is a huge problem! The enormous number of breaches can not be overlooked. Employees are aware and understand that they are at greater risk now than ever before. Identity Theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States according to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) but so few people know what to do about it. The right Identity Theft Protection program mitigates the risks and gives employees a place to turn when fraud does happen.
- Productivity. Peace of mind is prerequisite to focus. Identity Theft is a huge distraction, one that interrupts focus and will negatively impact your employee and your business. Employee’s dealing with identity theft are worried about financial security. An employee will spend anywhere from 40-60 hours during work on recovering their identity according to the FTC. Employees covered with an effective Identity Theft Protection program, a dedicated Recovery Advocate is assigned to the case. The recovery advocate will work on the employee’s behalf, ensuring resolution and alleviating time spent away from work. Peace of mind with a place to turn, keeping your employees focused and productive.
- Return On Investment. What is the cost of 7% of your employee group being out for 40-60 hours? The Return On Investment with a program is significant. Presenteeism, absenteeism, and lack of focus all result in a loss to the company. A program done with the right provider can significantly decrease the cost of a program, increasing your ROI.
- Protect the Company. Most breaches are a result of social engineering. Social Engineering is the use of deception to manipulate employees into divulging confidential or personal information for fraudulent purposes. Employee personal data exposure can give bad actors easy access to the company network. Identity theft protection programs can mitigate the risks of exposure by helping to identify and react rapidly when an employee has their identity stolen. Providers also provide educational awareness around the dangers of social engineering, password management, and other threats to decrease their susceptibility to threats.
- Attract and Retain by Staying Relevant. Employers are constantly competing with salary and benefits. In a world constantly peppered with cyberattacks, Identity Theft Protection is in high demand and more relevant than ever before.
- Attracting Talent is top of mind for many companies. Unique, personalized benefits packages that address the core benefits of financial wellness are staples to the package. Identity Theft Protection, often considered an ancillary benefit may be the benefit that puts you ahead of the competition.
- Retaining employees should be a driving factor in your benefits portfolio. Yes, attracting new talent might be the goal…but keeping the talent you have is a must. Continued engagement and value through Identity Theft Protection will help.
An Identity Theft Protection as an employee benefit is worth serious consideration. It will contribute to workplace productivity, allowing employees to stay focused on their job instead of the fears of identity theft. The risks of identity theft are real, affecting millions of employees and companies but a great provider can help.
Click here for or more information on What Identity Theft Protection Companies Actually Do
or here for the 14 Features of an Identity Theft Protection Company and the Most Important One!